How Hungarians Can Easily Travel to the USA with an Evisa

Traveling to the United States presents an exciting opportunity to explore the vast landscapes, cultural diversity, and iconic sights that the country is famous for. From the bustling streets of New York City, with its towering skyscrapers and Broadway shows, to the serene beauty of the national parks like Yellowstone and Yosemite, the US has a travel experience for every type of traveler. For Hungarian citizens, the allure of journeying to the US is tempered by the necessity of understanding and adhering to specific travel visa requirements. Luckily, as part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), Hungarians have a more streamlined process to follow, namely applying for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

For Hungarians considering a trip to the United States, obtaining an ESTA is a key step. The ESTA is not a visa, but a travel authorization that greatly simplifies the process of traveling to the US for tourism, business, or while in transit to another country. The convenience of an ESTA means you do not have to visit an embassy for an interview, unlike traditional visa applications.

Understanding the ESTA for Hungarian Citizens

The ESTA allows Hungarian nationals to spend up to 90 days in the United States without the need for a traditional visa. It’s crucial for travelers to meet all requirements, ensuring a smooth entry upon arrival. Here’s what you need to know about the application process:

ESTA Application Steps for Hungarians

To obtain your ESTA, follow these simple steps:

  1. Fill out our easy-to-use online application form. The application takes about 10 minutes. Make sure to have your passport handy.
  2. Submit & Pay for your application. We accept all payment types including PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Credit Card.
  3. Get your ESTA emailed to you within 72hrs. We’ll email you your approved travel authorization and that’s it, you’re ready to go!

If you need your ESTA in a hurry, you can also choose from our expedited processing options. Simply select your add-on at checkout.

The ESTA is valid for two years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. So, if you’re planning multiple trips to the US, there’s no need to reapply each time as long as your ESTA remains valid.

Eligibility and Requirements

To be eligible for an ESTA, you must be a citizen of a VWP country like Hungary. Before you apply here, make sure you have a biometric passport and that your visit falls within the allowed purposes, such as tourism, business, medical treatment, or participating in social events. Hungarians can also use an ESTA for short non-credit study programs and unpaid participation in music or sports events. For a complete list of VWP Countries, follow the hyperlink provided.

Here are several points that Hungarians should take into account:

  • Ensure your passport is an e-Passport with a digital chip containing biometric information.
  • The purpose of your visit must be within the allowed categories.
  • Each traveler must hold their own ESTA, regardless of age.

Traveling to the US

Once your ESTA is approved, you’re almost ready to jet off to the States. Remember to keep a digital or printed copy of your travel authorization with you as airlines might request to see it. While an ESTA provides authorization, the final admission to the United States is at the discretion of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers at the port of entry.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How Long Can I Stay in the US with an ESTA?

You can stay in the US for a maximum of 90 days on an ESTA. However, extending your stay beyond this period is not permitted under this scheme. If you wish to stay longer, you will need to apply for a different visa category.

What If My Passport Expires Soon?

If your passport expires sooner than two years, your ESTA will be valid only until the passport’s expiration date. You must have a passport that’s valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the US.

Can I Work in the US with an ESTA?

No, you cannot engage in any paid work or long-term study with an ESTA. If your intentions include working or studying, you’ll need to apply for a corresponding visa that matches your purposes.

Do Children Need an ESTA to Travel to the US?

Yes, all travelers, including infants and children, must have their own ESTA before traveling to the US.


For Hungarian citizens, the ESTA opens the door to convenient and flexible travel to the United States, whether it’s for a short business trip, holiday, or transit. Being well-informed about the ESTA application process and requirements will ensure a stress-free preparation for your upcoming adventures. Just remember to schedule your application in advance to account for any unforeseen delays and to select any necessary expedited processing options should you need your authorization sooner.

We at eVisaUS are dedicated to assisting you with the ESTA process and to helping make your American dream adventure as smooth as possible. So pack your bags, start planning your itinerary, and look forward to creating unforgettable memories in the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Share this...